Instructor Training held for the Southeast Region
The first revised BNAP Instructor Training class was held in the Southeast region at Boilermakers Local 433 - Tampa, FL from November 29 - December 1, 2016. 31 instructors from 15 locals throughout the Southeast region attended this three day training. Also in attendance were Regional Coordinators Eric Olson from the Southeast, Collin Kiesling from the Western States, Larry McManamon Jr. from the Great Lakes, and Jason Dupuis from the Northeast.
BNAP Assistant Administrator Mark Wertz taught the class, which was designed to streamline and create uniformity in the apprentice training throughout the United States. Instructors who participated were selected by either their Business Manager or District Manager to attend based on their technical competency, professionalism, attitude and character.
The training consisted of:
* LMS Training, provided by Ken Rogers of The Kelly Companies
* Review of both the BNAP and Regional Rules an Regulations and other policies
* Class discussions on many topics, including what makes for a good instructor
* Review of new forms and documentation being implemented by the BNAP
* Training Center Audit orientation
* Public speaking
* EPRI and NMAP information
Training for the Western States will be held December 6-8, 2016 at Local 627 in Phoenix, AZ. The Great Lakes will be hosting training in Chicago, IL in January 2017. The Northeast training will take place in Spring 2017..